Probate can seem like a mysterious and complex ordeal left to families who have just experienced the loss of a loved one.
It does not have to be the nightmare that many believe it to be. With skilled representation carrying the legal burden and details, most estates can be probated in as little as seven months with minimal issues or concerns.
At Klafehn, Heise & Johnson P.L.L.C., we assist families throughout New York in the probate and administration of estates following the loss of a loved one. Our experienced lawyers provide clear guidance and representation through this process, handling and resolving any issues that might arise.
To discuss how we might help you execute or administer an estate as efficiently as possible, please Contact our Brockport, New York, law offices today at 585-637-3911.
After the individual has passed, his or her estate will likely go through probate or administration. The court will manage and oversee the distribution of the assets and fulfillment of the obligations of the estate. During this process:
- All heirs or statutory heirs will be notified
- An executor or administrator will be appointed to administer the estate
- The executor or administrator will take inventory of and value all assets
- All debts of the decedent will be prioritized, paid and accounted for
- The executor or administrator will arrange for the payment of estate taxes, if necessary
- The remaining assets and property will be distributed to the estate's heirs or distributees
Each estate is unique. Our probate attorneys are prepared to assist executors in the seamless probate or administration of an estate, no matter the complexities that might arise. We are committed to making this process simple for you, carrying as much of the legal burden as possible.
We provide flexible billing terms, most often with no money upfront and no retainer. Typically, we do not bill by the hour, but rather offer flat-fee billing for most services.